11.03.2010

If I Die Young

"If I die young, bury me in satin,
Lay me down on a bed of roses,
Sink me in the river at dawn,
Send away with the words of a love song."

The Band Perry
The Band Perry {here}

Let me just start this off my saying that I have an unhealthy obsession with this song.  I've listened to it on repeat basically all day.  I just think it's beautiful, and I love the video.  So, enjoy.




Now, moving on to the real reason you're here...to hear about my weekend.  I know you're dying to know how the birthday festivities went, so I'll tell you.  They were pretty awesome.  Friday (Birthday Eve), the BFFAE planned a dinner with friends.  It was a great group, and I felt like the coolest kid in town.  After dinner, we went bar-hopping downtown.  The group quickly dwindled because most everyone there had to work the next day.  (I'm very glad that I don't work on Saturdays anymore).  I spent the rest of the night with the BFFAE, BFFAE's BF Mr. S, and BFFAE's BF's BFF Golf Guy.  BFFAE was trying to set me up with Golf Guy, and I was cool with that.  He seems like a great guy and we'd had some pretty great conversations via text and Facebook before we actually met.  Apparently, I'm more appealing through the interwebs, because he seems disinterested since Friday night.  Clearly, this is the story of my life.  (I saw him Monday night at Name That Tune and he just seemed distant.  His loss, right?)
These good lookin' people are my friends.
Mr. S, Moi, and Golf Guy.  (This was taken with my Blackberry because Mr. S accidentally dropped and broke my digital camera.  Sad day.)
I love my BFFAE.
Saturday night, I went to SK's annual Halloween party.  I was dressed in all of my Gaga glory.  It was a good time.  I got to hang out with some good friends and look silly.  Winning combination.
This is not my Poker Face.


SK is a hot witch.

Gaga with MT (biker chick).  Gotta love self portrait shots.

I got mostly dolla dolla bills for my birthday, so needless to say, the cash is burning a hole in my pocketbook. No seriously, I smell smoke.  I've pretty much decided that I'm going to buy an iPad.  My cousin can get me a slight discount, so I think I'm gonna do it.  My palms itch just thinking about it.

I talked to Little today and I'm getting so excited about her wedding.  October 1, 2011!  I cried when I saw her in her dress.  Tears of joy rolling down my face while I was sitting at my desk, pretending to work.  I couldn't be any happier for her!

Warm snuggle hugs,
A

PS- What do you think of my new blog look?  Do you like it???

No comments:

 
Blog Design by April Showers