10.21.2010

Whip My Hair

"Don't let haters keep me off my grind,
Keep my head up, I know I'll be fine,
Keep fighting until I get there"

Whip My Hair by Willow Smith {here}

Alright, peeps.  I have a very important announcement.  I was getting my daily dose of Deals, Steals, and Heels and discovered something magical.  I don't know how long this song has been out, but I'm OBSESSED.  I want to whip my hair back and forth, too!  Don't blame me if you waste the rest of your day with this jam on repeat.


I'm a little concericus that there is paint coming out of her weave, but I can put that aside, I guess.  As long as I don't have to clean that mess up, I don't care.  She's a pretty rad 9-year-old.  Then again, her dad is The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.  She's royalty.  But who is the Fresh King of Bel-Air?  Is The Honorable Uncle Phillip Banks the King?  I digress...

And for all of my fellow guido-lovers out there, check this out: Jersey Circus.  Family Circus comments + Jersey Shore quotes = fits of laughter.  Am I just easily amused??

I know you're dying to hear more stories about how adorable I was as a child, so I guess I will provide you with some afternoon delight humor.

In our Kindergarten play, I was picked for the best part: The Statue of Liberty.  Our class each had a line to say about freedom and out great nation (I said something about ponies running wild in a field or something equally awesome), and then we sang the 2nd most patriotic song of all time...Lee Greenwood's God Bless the USA.
"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free... your candy.
In Kindergarten, I didn't take any lip from anyone.  I wasn't into boys, because they always smelled like farts and had boogers on their faces.  Not my thing.  When we played "house," I had an agenda.  I was always 17 and I always had a 19-year-old boyfriend.  That's how I rolled at age 4.  I don't know the reasoning behind this, but just smile and nod.  A boy named Chase (I'm not going to protect his identity because I don't care enough) always slept on the mat below mine at nap time.  I was a smart cookie and I knew that he was doing this so that he could look up my dress.  Easy solution: kick him in the face.  Problem solved.  Chase eventually learned to nap elsewhere.  I also bit him once, but I don't recall why.  He def deserved it, whatever the reason.  There was also a boy named J.C. in my class.  (No, that didn't stand for Jesus Christ.  In fact, I think his actual real name was J.C.)  He wasn't exactly the sharpest crayon in the box.  He would always stick blue (never any other color) Play-Doh up his nose, pull it out, and eat it.  Boys are nasty.  I also thought it was funny to draw pictures of butts on the chalkboard and blame it on the boys.  What did these butts look like?
A very accurate drawing of a butt.
That's about all I have for today.  I'll leave you with a picture of Princess Fiona in her Halloween hat.
Eff you, Mom.

Snuggles,
A



No comments:

 
Blog Design by April Showers