10.07.2010

To the Beat of Our Noisy Hearts

She said, "Pick up the phone
Cause I need to feel more alone
And your voice drives me crazy."

Some Mad Hope by Matt Nathanson {here}


I've developed a recent obsession with nail polish.  I've always been a fan, but I've spent a fair amount of time contemplating colors/shopping for colors/painting my nails in the past 2 weeks.  It's probably because I've discovered fabulous blogs like Vampy Varnish.  I have a tendency to chew on my nails (bad habit, I KNOW) so polish doesn't last too long.  Plus, my jewelry-making takes a toll on my nails as well.  Here is what I am currently sporting:
Lapis of Luxury {essie}
It's sort of a periwinkle color, which I like, because the word "periwinkle" makes me giggle.  Yes, I am almost 24 years old, thank you.  I realize it's probably more of a "springtime" color, but kiss my grits.  I like it.

In other crafty news, I had cause to break out the rubber cement and scrapbook paper last night.  One of my close friends from college, C(P)W is having a baby girl in December.  This Saturday is her baby shower and I wanted to add a personal touch to my gifts.  I bought her some cute receiving blankets (with elephants on them) off of her registry and a super cute book from Barnes and Noble, but I wasn't satisfied.  I decided to make this to adorn the nursery:

Forgive the cell phone picture.  This is an 8x10" frame with a 5x7" opening.  I couldn't go to a baby shower for C(P)W sans monogram!  Here in the good ole South, if you sit still long enough, you will get embroidered with initials in a fancy script.  True story.  So what do you think?  I'm pretty proud of it.  Not bad for homemade.

I'm especially excited about tonight.  I'm doing dinner and a movie with an old co-worker, Pearl Girl.  We've both been so busy lately that we haven't had a chance to spend time together in about a month.  That's just silly when we live in the same city!  Have no fear, it shall be remedied tonight.  We are chowing down on some Japanese food and then catching "Easy A."  I hope it's as good as the previews.  I need a good laugh...or 12.

I haven't talked to The Ex since my last post, hence proving my point that he only talks to me when he needs to get something off his chest or brag about his Flavor of the Week Girl.  Whatevs.  It's actually pleasant to not have his drama clogging my brain.  However, the Universe must have gotten wind of this and has replaced The Ex's drama with Creepy D's drama.  Who is Creepy D?  Let me tell you.  Many moons ago (approximately Summer 2006), I met Creepy D through a friend of the BFFAE's, Biker W.  It was a sketchtastic night, to say the least.  Biker W was a bouncer at a local bar, and somehow the BFFAE and I were friends with the bouncer crowd.  (Seemed like a good plan.)  Creepy D was his unfortunate sidekick.  What makes him so creepy, you ask?  Allow me to fill you in.  Creepy D is a bald man (by choice) with a very tiny head and glasses to cover his beady little eyes.  While he chooses to be hairless on the top of his head, he has a beard.  No, I don't understand it either.  I'm not shallow when it comes to how a fella looks, but I do have my preferences.  The first night I met him, Creepy D asked me on a date.  Here's how that went:
Creepy D: "Sooooo... We should go out sometime, ya know? I'm a pretty cool guy and you seem alright, too."
Me: [silence, pretending like I'm texting on my sweet Motorola Razr phone]
Creepy D: "I know the perfect place.  Bike Night at Hooters!"
Me: [stunned silence, Did he just ask me to go on a FIRST date to HOOTERS?!]
Creepy D: "I don't know if I mentioned this*, but I ride.  Bikes.  I ride bikes.  Like motorcycles.  No big deal.  I like to street race.  It's pretty hardcore.  And I like to have a hot chick on my bike, and I guess you'll do.  I love my bike." (*He'd mentioned it.  Like 100 times that night.)
Needless to say, I made up some excuse as to why I'm afraid of motorcycles, and I declined.  This did not remove him from my life.  Since we had mutual friends, we ended up running into each other fairly frequently.
[Fast forward.]  Creepy D is one of my friends now.  Not super close, but friends.  He dated a girl (we shall call her Shy M) for about a year.  Things got serious and he asked me to go ring shopping with him to pick her out something special for when he decided to propose.  He did not share my expensive taste.  
Creepy D: "There's no way I'm spending $1,000 on a stupid ring!  Got anything cheaper?"
The weekend of July 4, he popped the question and Shy M said yes.  Duh.  Well, to make an extremely long story short, they broke up because her parents didn't approve and she found a new man.  Creepy D can't handle this.  Thus, he calls/BBMs/texts/Facebooks me to talk about his feelings ALL THE FREAKING TIME!  MULTIPLE TIMES A DAY.  It's been 2 months.  I'm at my wit's end.  I have started "missing" his calls and BBMs and I'm suddenly always really busy.  Ok, I swear I'm not a bad person.  I'm just trying not to lose my patience and blow up at him.  I get it, he's distraught.  Been there, done that.  I talked to him for a few HOURS on the phone on Thursday night and listened to him tell me the same stories over and over again, and that's about as much as I can handle.  I inform him that I have a busy week ahead and that I won't be able to talk.  [hint, hint]  He doesn't get the hint.  He BBMs me to say "Hey" like 12 times and calls me at least 5 times by Monday.  And, since he didn't hear from me, he Facebooked my BFFAE to "check on me."  WTF?!  Then, he writes on my Facebook wall and asks me if I'm ok!  Seriously, I'm about to blow at this point.  Steam is coming out of my ears and my face is the color of a fire engine.  I look just like one of those cartoons full of rage.  I BBM him and say, as politely as possible, that I'M FREAKING BUSY AND I CAN'T TALK!  He still hasn't gotten the hint.  Lord, give me patience.

Kthanksbye,
A


No comments:

 
Blog Design by April Showers