10.11.2010

Overboard

"I could write my name by the age of three, and I don't need anyone to cut my meat for me.  I'm a big girl now, see my big girl shoes?"

Ingrid Michaelson - Girls and Boys
Girls and Boys by Ingrid Michaelson  {here}

C(P)W's baby shower went well on Saturday.  The food was yummy and the gifts were presh.  Here's a cute picture:
Teeeeeeeny tiny socks!
Also, I couldn't resist throwing a little copper jewelry in the mix.  I know it's not a "traditional" baby shower gift, but I love it.
C(P)W's monogram on top, and Baby A's monogram below.

[Rewind.]  Friday night, I got to hang out with one of my favorite 3-year-olds.  ME is completely adorable and loves me to pieces (as I love her).  I am the only non-family-member that she likes (AKA she doesn't cry when she's left with me).  We play princesses, watch Dora, play dress-up with Pooh Bear, and tell silly stories.  She's awesome.  See what I mean?
This is her "scary" face.
ME insisted on wearing braids because she began the night in her Dorothy costume.  (I made her change before we went to play outside.  Mud stains on a white dress...tragic.)  Here is a conversation that we had:
ME: "I used to be a little girl, but now I'm a big BIG girl."
Moi: "Yes you are.  You're a lady."
ME: "What's that word?"
Moi: "Well, lady is another kind of big girl.  Mommy is a lady."
ME: "Yea, Mommy's a lady.  Daddy's a lady, too."
Moi: [trying hard not to laugh] "Umm...actually, Daddy isn't a lady. He's a gentleman."
ME: "No, I'm pretty sure he's a lady all the time."

[Fast forward.]  Don't you love how I ignore the logical order of things?  I like it better this way.  For Sunday School, I had my Youth dress up like the Disciples and reenact the Last Supper for the kids.  We have a "theater" room with costumes and props, so we went digging for attire.  However, there do not seem to be any actual Disciple clothes.  Here's what we looked like:
1. Beatles wig.
2. Fairy wings.
3. Hospital gown?
4. Purse.
5. Keyboard.

There are no words to explain this.  Just go with it.

I was supposed to be Jesus.  I look more like Miss Cleo.  "Look in to me crystal ball..."
(Although the "crystal ball" is the styrofoam head that the wig goes on.  Same diff.)
All in all, I had a bizarre yet standard weekend.  [Who are you calling an oxymoron?!]

I'm bored with the way my blog looks, but I don't know what I want to change.  Suggestions?  Comments on how awesome I am?

Kthanksbye,
A

No comments:

 
Blog Design by April Showers