12.13.2011

Bite me.

It's Tuesday again, so you know what that means...Talk To Us Tuesday with Impulsive and Shawn!




I have an addiction that is slowly encroaching in on all of my thoughts and free time.  When I'm not doing it, I'm thinking about doing it.  It's a little embarrassing for a 25-year-old to be so engrossed with it.

What is it?

The Twilight Saga.  I said it.  I was not a fan when the series first came out.  I refused to read the books because nothing could be better than Ann Rice's Vampire Chronicles of my beloved Buffy.  When the first movie came out in theaters, SEW (my roommate at the time) convinced me to go see it with her.  I went, begrudgingly.  I didn't get it.  The acting was terrible and Kristen Stewart is painfully awkward to watch.  When New Moon was released in theaters, my friend Pearl Girl (who is 2 years older than I am) bought be a ticket so she didn't have to go by herself.  It was even worse than the first one.  I hadn't paid attention to the story line, the wolves were not believable, and I still didn't understand the fuss.  I remember the 15-year-old girls in front of us crying when the credits rolled, proclaiming through their sobs, "This is the best move EVER!"

Flash forward to last month.  I was channel surfing and saw that Twilight was on FX so I caved.  I actually didn't hate it.  Fast forward some more to Thanksgiving week.  Twilight was on TV again.  I watched.  Again.  And I liked it.  A lot.  I totally get the brooding vampire thing.  After all, I spent a great deal of my youth lusting after David Boreanaz as Angel (and even after James Marsters as Spike...anyone else?).  I can identify will Bella's longing for her soul mate.  I get it.  I'm not proud of that, but whatever.  Plus, Robert Pattinson is a Hottie McBody, even if he never bathes.

{here}


I ended up buying the trilogy of DVDs on Black Friday for $3.99 each.  I couldn't stop there though.  I headed over to the library (for maybe the 10th time in my life) and checked out the audio books for Twilight and New Moon.  I'm close to being done with New Moon, and I can't contain myself.  I'm waiting until I finish the book before I re-watch the movie.

So there is my new guilty little pleasure.  I know, I'm a few years late to the party.  And if you're wondering, I'm Team Edward.  Bite me.

What are your guilty pleasures?

XOXO,
Gossip Girl  A

5 comments:

Mrs. Robinson said...

hahahaha this cracked me up & I love you for it. :) I was behind on the whole Twilight thing, too. Don't worry. But I have read all the books and ended up loving them. I'm team Edward too, but to be perfectly honest...I pretty much hated Bella by the end. So I guess that makes me team nobody. :(

My guilty pleasures? Probably Mt. Dew. I drank a bottle of it with my diet lunch today. And used it to wash down my morning vitamen. I'm trying to make healthier choices. :( Fail.

Jill said...

Oh, I can sooo relate. I was behind the times with Twilight too. I got into it after the first movie hit theatres. Read all the books and fell in love, and I've been catching up with the movies ever since.

Totally Team Edward here too.

And I'm 28. So sue me.

Nicole said...

I agree on the second movie... but I thought the 2nd book was SLOW too.

Impulsive Addict said...

Well I am a Jacob girl so I'll let you have Rob. And I agree that KStew (what the twihards call her) is still very awkward to watch but I totally read the books in record time (way before the talks of making movies) and I was very disappointed in the first movie. It was bad. But I love them and see them on the first day of release.

And...speaking of XOXO, I love me some Gossip Girl!

Thanks for linking up again!

Fash Boulevard said...

omg. what an insanely amazing deal. great post, hun. if you get a sec, I'd love to hear what you think of my latest trend report. thanks, love. xo

www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

 
Blog Design by April Showers