10.12.2011

They fell in love. I just fell.

I'm behind on updates (as usual).  Gimme a break.

On October 1, I got to be a part of the most perfect wedding ever.  Little and Muffin got married and it was magical.  Don't believe me?  Booyah.

We all are all-too-aware of my...clumsy...nature.  I fall.  A lot.  And I always have unexplained bruises and scratches.  Mommy Dearest jokingly calls me Grace because it is something I lack most days.  Whatevs, at least I'm honest.

Let's get to the good part.  The part where I get hurt at Little's wedding.  The wedding party was gathered in the church taking pictures.  It was time for the big group shot and the photographer was arranging everyone just so.  Of course she asks me to move to the opposite side of the group.  Sounds easy.  Not so much.  I begin to turn to my left and immediately know I've done something very wrong.  I had dislocated my kneecap.  No kneecap = no standing.  I immediately fell flat on my face.  Literally.  I fell hard and fast.  My dress flew up (thank baby Jesus for Spanx).  I managed to cut a huge gash in my leg with my bouquet stems.  I can't make this stuff up.  Everyone panics when they see me wipe out.  I try to play it cool but I'm doing the ugly cry due to a brutal combination of embarrassment and pain.  Long story short, I sat down for a few minutes, took several Tylenol, borrowed an ice pack, and regrouped.  Pictures resumed and life was good.  But my knee was huge.

After the wedding, Little and I were laughing about the whole fiasco.  She said I looked like a fainting goat.  The best part?  I'm sure I did.

In need of a distraction on your wedding day?  Call me.

Later gators,
A

No comments:

 
Blog Design by April Showers