2.17.2011

B is for Boring.

I swear, I didn't disappear in real life.  I just haven't felt like I've had anything blog-worthy lately.  Scratch that: I have, I just haven't had the energy to write it.

Last week, I had the single-most awkward experience EVER.  I can't go into the details, but it was way awk.  Think of the most awkward thing you can imagine. (Go ahead, take your time.) Now, multiply the awkwardness of that situation times 239,273,894,743,127,943,967...(you get the picture).  That's about half as awkward as this incident.  I won't say anymore since I can't tell the story, but I will leave you with these hints: mannequin, leash, Mexico.  Now let your imagination run wild with those!

Today is my first migraine-free day in 21 days [knock on wood].  All of the pain has left me exhausted everyday.  I'm at my wit's end with this whole thing.  I've been taking my medicines like I'm supposed to, but they just aren't working.  It's incredibly frustrating.  If you have any tips on how to deal with migraines, pass them my way.  I've been suffering my whole life and I've managed to keep them mostly under control.  Occasionally, I would have a string of them, but it has never been this severe for so long.  I'm desperate.  I will try anything.

On Friday, I was checking the Facebook newsfeed on my Blackberry and I saw a post that made my heart sink.  Will had died.  Will was a good friend of mine in college, and we had the very briefest of flings.  If you blinked, you would have missed it.  Not exaggerating.  Will played on my college's soccer team.  I was a soccer "groupie," and friends will all of the players.  My girls and I went to almost all of the games and spent a great deal of our free time hanging out with the guys.  (Trips to Fraternity Row, late-night runs to Jack in the Box, shenanigans all over campus, OC parties...never a dull moment.)  Will was a year behind me in school, but we were roughly the same age.  He was always the life of the party and never failed to bring a smile to my face.  I remember one particular night down at The Row when I ran into Will in the middle of the grass, dancing to the music, wearing a sombrero.  Classic Will.  We didn't remain close after college.  We led different lives that took us in very different directions, but I will always remember him fondly.  It's just another reminder about how fleeting our time on this earth really is, and how we should cherish every moment, even the crappy ones.  I know that it's a cliche thing to say, but it's so very true.  Here's to you, Will: Thank you for the laughs, the hugs, and the memories.  Thank you for always being true to yourself, however wacky it was.  I know you're rocking it out on the other side, sombrero and all.


Love and Rockets,
A

PS- If you haven't checked out Jenni's blog yet, you totally should.  She's got a great giveaway going on.  (I plan on winning, but you can totally come in second.)

No comments:

 
Blog Design by April Showers