4.25.2011

I hope Jesus brought His pillow.

I know that Easter was yesterday, but humor me.

When I was growing up, my absolute favorite hymn was the Easter hymn, Up from the Grave He Arose.  Here is a link to the lyrics, in case you aren't familiar with it.

And here is the most adorable video you've ever seen.


I've always been a talker.  I know everyone is shocked to hear that.  When I was a wee one on car trips with Daddy, I was rarely quiet.  We would go through the list of normal sing-along songs and occasionally I would request something a little different.  On one particular occasion, I requested that we sing the Great Heroes song.  Daddy was puzzled.

Moi:  You know...[singing] Up from the great heroes!
Daddy:  Ohhhh. Up from the grave He arose...
[We continue to sing the song and then sit in silence for a bit.]
Moi:  Did Jesus get wet?
Daddy: Get wet?  I don't think I know what you mean.
Moi:  You know...when the saints rained. ["And He lives forever with His saints to reign..."]


I also was very concerned as to whether or not Jesus had a pillow when he was in the tomb.  I didn't want Jesus to be uncomfortable.

Wasn't I precious?  The correct answer is "yes."


Jelly bean kisses and Peep hugs,
A

No comments:

 
Blog Design by April Showers