10.20.2012

This is the story all about how...

On September 8, the BFFAE hung up her single lady hat and tied the knot. While I am extremely happy for her, I can say with all honesty that it marks another scary transition into adulthood. When did I get to this age where my friends have husbands? Don't even get me started on friends with babies. (Disclaimer: I am totally for my friends being happy. I just don't see myself as old enough to get married yet. Maybe it's because I feel like I was in college just yesterday and high school wasn't a decade behind me.)

The wedding was epic. The BFFAE hired a phenomenal wedding planner, who has quickly become one of our closest friends. The ceremony was beautiful. Short and sweet and picture perfect. The reception, however, was what made an awesome wedding a truly epic one. The BFFAE and her Mister know how to have a good time. The wedding planner found a great DJ who also did karaoke. (Karaoke is HUGE among our crowd. I prefer to preform backup, but most of our Frieda have signature hits.) The bride preformed Gangsta's Paradise. The bridesmaids sang Call Me Maybe (obviously). Golf Guy was a groomsman and he sang La Bamba and Ice Ice Baby. And as y'all saw in a previous post, the BFFAE and her college crew sang Africa. It was amazing.

As part of my maid of honor duties, I was asked to do a toast at the reception. I knew that if I tried to be sentimental and tell them how much I loved them, I'd cry. A lot. So I opted for a different route. I rapped. (Yes, you read that right.) I rewrote the lyrics of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song to be about the happy couple. I can't get the video to upload now, but maybe I can figure it out later. In case you were curious, here are the lyrics:

Now this is the story all about how
Their lives got flipped, turned upside down
I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
And I'll tell you the love story of my friends Kyle and Claire.
In Centereach, NY he was born and raised
On the golf course is where he spends most of his days
Chillin out, maxing, relaxin all cool
Hanging out at City Tavern playing Ne That Tune
In December '08
He met my girl Claire
They were introduced by Mo and they made a great pair
She'd seen him at the Vinings hanging out by the pool
She said "His body's so dreamy and he seems so cool!"
Well, he took her to Ireland
It was quite the affair
He asked her to marry him right then and there
That was last August and now it's September
And the 8th is a date that we'll always remember
Kyle saw his bride and he said "wow!"
And we're all here because they said their vows!

Catchy, right?! Speaking of catching...yours truly caught the bouquet. (Technically, it hit me in the face.) What do we think that means?

Enjoy the pictures! (And yes, I was in a boot because of my broken foot. And yes, I decorated it.)

Snuggles,
A

No comments:

 
Blog Design by April Showers