9.23.2010

I'm in a Hurry (And Don't Know Why)



"I'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
But I'm in a hurry and don't know why"


Ultimate Alabama 20 No. 1 Hits {here}



This is exactly how I feel lately.  As soon as Monday morning rears it's ugly head, I'm praying for 5:01pm on Friday to hurry it's little butt up.  The upside is that I enjoy all of the things that keep me busy and have me always in a hurry.  However, I do love the moments where I have NOTHING to do.  Those are few and far between at the moment.  I long for those moments, especially right now since I have a broken foot that doesn't appreciate my constant hurrying from place to place.  What keeps me so busy you ask? (I'm just going to pretend that the 2-3 of you that actually read this did ask.  Humor me.)


  1. My full-time job.  I work somewhere that I like, with people I enjoy, doing work that makes me happy.   PLEASE don't assume that I'm ungrateful for being employed because that is most certainly NOT the case.
  2. My business.  I started my own jewelry business in August and I am loving it.  Orders are rolling in and I couldn't be more thrilled.  However, this leads to some late nights when I have people needing a quick turn-around on an order.
  3. Church.  I've taken over the position as the new Youth Director at my church.  I don't really feel old enough to be in that position.  I mean, wasn't I in Youth Group like yesterday?!  This requires that I plan Sunday School and Youth Group curriculum, which can be challenging.  Have you ever tried to find a meaningful topic that is also interesting and engaging?  
  4. Kappa Alpha Theta.  Joining Theta in college might have been one of the best decisions I made.  I walked away with life-long friendships, great memories, and some pretty hilarious stories/pictures.  Since I live just down the road (about 45 minutes) from my Alma Mater, I decided to volunteer to the the Membership Advisor for our Chapter.  Keep in mind, when I decided this months ago, I was unemployed and searching for positive ways to spend my time.  I'm very glad I took the position, but it's been some time since I participated in Recruitment (aka Rush).  I was Recruitment Chair in 2006 (junior year) and then I was studying abroad during Recruitment senior year and missed it.  It's crunch time this week, as everything kicks off tomorrow, so I'm preparing to switch back to Theta mode. (Suddenly, all of the cheers and songs from my college days have coming rushing--no pun intended--back into my head.)  And there's a tiny (well, maybe bigger than that) piece of me that hopes that even as an advisor, I will get a Bid Day shirt.  Is that sad?
  5. Babysitting.  During my 6 months of unemployment, I spent a fair amount of time playing the role of Nanny for several families.  (Thirty-something children, to be exact.)  I loved it.  I've been doing the babysitting thing since I was 13, so this is nothing new.  I guess I'm considered the "cool" babysitter because I love to play games, make crafts, color, read stories, and things like that.  Since I've gotten a job, I babysit less, but usually I do it at least once a week.  That means my life still includes Disney Princesses, colorful band-aids, talking stuffed animals, Dora the Explorer, bedtime stories, finger painting, carpool lines, and all the great things that come with kids.


And the rant is over.  Just wanted to give you a glimpse into my chaotic life.  Thanks for reading!

Later gators,
A

    No comments:

     
    Blog Design by April Showers